So guys I started this journal thing IRL that I can just write down notes and stuff in. It says “World Building Journal” though right now I’m not really building the world so much as fixing my plot.
I came up with a number of questions to help me streamline my story/make it less stupid and so far it’s been helping a lot.
- Does the person/event/etc have a purpose? Is that purpose significant?
- Do I like it/enjoy that part of the story?
- Was it brought over from the WoW story? (Does it bear too much resemblance to events in WoW?)
- Does it “fit,” or does it make things too complicated, convoluted, or “stretched?”
- Is it in-character/does it make sense for that to happen?
- Is it cliche or overdone?
- If it causes/is related to a major plot point or event, is it replaceable, removable, or modifiable?
It just did this today and it’s already helped me a lot. ;w; I’ll be posting another list of retcons when I have more than like… 3 things.